Sunday 6 September 2009

The Myth of Will Power and Fat loss

In 2003 Muata weighed in at over 310 lbs (140kg+ to the rest of us). Today, in 2009 he is resting comfortably at around 177 lbs (80.5kg approximately). In my book, Muata is an inspiration, and confidently bridges the gap between academic research and real life applications.

Muata Then



Muata Recently




In a recent post on his blog Muata lays it down simple and plain. No B.S. It's a great read for people who are in a similar situation, or fitness professionals with clients in the same boat (as we all need constant education from a different point of view).

Ladies and Gentlemen, meet Muata....

Alright Big Dawgs, let’s continue our little conversation shall we …

A week doesn’t go by that I don’t either read an email or have someone tell me in person:


"Man, I wish that I had the willpower you have to lose so much weight and keep it off!"

It’s really the weirdest thing to experience because I feel as if people are putting me on pedestal because they think I must possess some sort of He-Man willpower. Well, I hate to disappoint you guys, but I don’t.

I still deal with having to be mindful of the amount of food I’m eating and how calorie dense my selections are on a daily basis. But, my approach to getting and staying lean has evolved over the years I’ve been on my journey.

When I started my journey, my cravings were out of control. There were so many foods that were placed on the “Do Not Admit” list for my kitchen. My thinking was simple. I knew that if the so-called forbidden foods were in the house, I would eat them. So, I...Read More

No comments:

Blog Archive