Sunday 22 June 2008

Optimum Nutrition for Life: When Hungry Eat Your Rice...




'When hungry eat your rice, when tired sleep. Fools may laugh at me, but wise men will know what I mean'.
- Lao Tzu

If a fitness fanatic or a pregnant mother came to me, and I gave them both a programme I had designed for a combat athlete, (who's programme was exactly identical to the ultra marathon runner I had been training) you'd probably wonder where exactly had I received my qualifications, and if my mental faculties were in tact. However, this blanket approach is often adopted when it comes to nutrition. A 'one size fits all' model is spread throughout various magazines and institutions, without taking into account the uniqueness of you.

What I'm talking about here, is not simply eating to function (just to get buy), but nutrition that will have you at peak performance, and maintain optimal health (not merely just an absence of disease).

Liberty Gray over at the IKFF, has written a thought provoking piece on what she calls, 'Synergistic Nutrition'. If optimizing your current eating habits is the missing link in your current lifestyle this article is well worth a look.

No comments: