Thursday, 10 June 2010
Full Throttle Fitness WOW # 19 : The Demolition Session
After a months absence, Coach Cj returned to spice things up a little with the aptly named, Demolition Session. Inspired by the recent JC Santana "Conditioning for the modern gladiator" Workshop CJS Fitness had co-hosted with the Strength Company, Coach Cj Swaby let loose.
Full Throttle Fitness WOW # 19 The Demolition Session
Warm up: Joint Mobility & dynamic warm up
Section 1: Pre-fatigue
Tabata Hybrid 20 seconds work: 10 seconds rest x 8 rounds
Split group into A and B.Group A completes sprints, group B completes Bear Crawls. After four rounds, the groups swap over exercises.
Section 2: Main Session
MCT (Mixed Circuit Training)
Push, Pull, Squat, Lunge, Rotation.
45 seconds work/ 15 second change over. 5 stations x 3 rounds.
1) Rower (level 7)
2) Marine Kit bag (30kg) pick up to shoulder and slam
3) Double Kettlebell Jerk
4) Front squats with sandbag
5) Medicine ball half moon.
Section 3: The Finisher
Here's how it went down, conditioning for the modern gladiator style - bodyweight partner drills.
Get ups (with partner on back) x 30 seconds. Then sprint length of room with parnter carry x 4. Swap over. Repeat this drill two times.
Rest 2 minutes.
2) T-bar partner climb. One person stands with arms out-stretched. The other parnter climbs around twice without feet touching the floor. Then swap over. This is great for static and dynamic strength , core stabilisation, and agility.
We cooled down and stretched out. The prodical son had returned, we await to see what Coach Skala has in store for us next week.
Full Throttle Fitness
Saturday 12:15pm - 1:15pm
Balance Physiotherapy. 113 Gauden Road, London, SW4 6LE£10 with VIP text / £15 without.
Kettlebell Workshop, London Kettlebells "CJS Fitness" "Full Throttle Fitness" "Cj Swaby" "Sabina Skala" "Coach Skala" "Kettlebell workout" "Kettlebell exercises" "Tabata Workout""Balance physiotherapy" "Strength power endurance"
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (78)
- Full Throttle Fitness WOW# 21: Return of The Human...
- Full Throttle Fitness WOW # 20:
- Full Throttle Fitness WOW # 19 : The Demolition Se...
- Mark Twight interview - part 5
- CJS Fitness V Bartendaz : 100 Rep Challenge
- Want to know how to prepare for the Gym Jones FDI ...
- Interview with Mark Twight - part 3
- ▼ June (7)
- ► 2009 (72)