Friday 19 June 2009

IKFF Kettlebell Course Milan 2009

After arriving at Linate Airport, Milan at 8pm (rather than the anticipated 8am), I made my way to the city centre to meet with the European arm of the International Kettlebell and Fitness Federation Team, headed by the man himself, Steve Cotter. I was immediately humbled by the hospitality of our Italian hosts, who made both myself and Jonathan Lewis welcome.

This set the tone for the weekend of hard work and equally hard play. With participants from Greece, France, Italy, Portugal, England and the United States, this was truly an international course of the highest caliber. Steve Cotter was phenomenal as ever. I have participated on several IKFF Kettlebell Courses and each time it has been different. Steve's knowledge is constantly evolving, to the benefit of his students, including myself. The Assistant Coaches from across the continent brought their own distinct flavour to the IKFF CKT and the energy of the group carried us all through some grueling tests of strength endurance.

I met some amazing people on this certified kettlebell course, and forged some friendships that will endure for a long time to come. The IKFF family is forever expanding exponentially, and we can only be better off for it.

No comments:

Blog Archive