Saturday 14 November 2009

Metabolloxed? Sure Enough!

Ribs healed? Check. Strength cycle complete? Check. Shoulder rehabilitated? Check. Time to bring on the extreme conditioning.

I was at South Bank Gym in Vauxhall, and decided to spice up some metabolic training. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Luckily my endurance outlasted my enthusiasm. If you spotted a sweating, weeping, tattooed mass in the corner of South Bank gym last week - that was me, Cj, regretting my decision.

Here's what I got up to

Warm Up

Joint Mobility + Dynamic movement

Main Session


A) sub 7 minute mile repeats x 3 (1 minute rest in between)

Then straight into

A)

1) Burpee onto 50 inch plyometric box (and jump back down into burpee) x 10
2) Bear Crawl x 10 reps (set a distance of about 10 - 15 feet)
3) Pull ups x 10 reps

This equals one round.

3 rounds = 1 set.

Complete 3 sets


Rest 90 seconds - 1minute between sets.

No rest between rounds

Cool down and stretch.

This workout was interspersed with praying, and frequent bursts of profanity. But in a weird sort of way, I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge.

Try it. You might like it!

If you're up for some Industrial Strength style metabolic training, why not come down and join us for the Christmas special at Balance physiotherapy in December.

No comments: