Sunday 30 August 2009

Home Fitness Workout : Road to recovery

About two weeks ago i managed to dislodge by 5th and 6th Rib from my costal cartilage, plus fracture them as well (my love of combat sports knows no boundaries). I've been written off for six weeks. They guys over at Balance Physiotherapy have been taking good care of me and I'll be back on the mat wrestling, in no time.

What has changed is my training. I've had to come to terms with my physical limitations and listen to my body a lot more. I haven't let this stop me. I'm learning to work around it. I'll be posting more about my road to recovery in the coming weeks.

Thought I'd share my workout with you. Taking it back to basics with this one.


Extreme Home Fitness Workout


Work to rest ratio in seconds 45:15

Complete 2 circuits = 1 round.

Rest 1 minute between rounds.

Complete 2 rounds

1) Double Handed Kettlebell Swings (moderately heavy)
2) Burpees
3) Stair Sprints (the neighbours loved this one)
4) Press ups


And talking of combat sports below is a great post by the legendary Steve Maxwell.
An example of clear simple instruction, and effective technique. I take my hat of to you steve (if I was wearing one).


No comments: