Monday, 11 August 2008
10 Interesting facts about Bowel cancer
Here are a number of interesting facts about bowel cancer.
1) Bowel cancer is the third most common cancer.
2) It affects males and females.
3) Bowel cancer screening has just been introduced in the UK.
4) It is the first cancer screening programme to include males.
5)Diet and exercise are important factors, as an unhealthy diet contributes to an increased risk of bowel cancer.
6) Exercise is thought to move what we eat through the bowel faster.
7) Irritants like alcohol can increase the risk of bowel cancer. Other toxins that are in contact with the bowel wall for prolonged periods may also increase risk.
8) Drinking sufficient water and exercising helps to flush the bowel of harmful substances.
9) Eating a healthy diet in the first place helps to reduce risk, but our dietary habits are formed from an early age.
10) It is never too late to introduce healthy eating, and exercise.
- ► 2012 (32)
- ► 2011 (78)
- ► 2010 (78)
- ► 2009 (72)
- ▼ August (7)