Monday 18 January 2010

Effortless Injury Free Running

Or at least that's how they sell it on the cover. Chi Running. In December 2009 I attempted the 4 minute mile on the G-trainer Challenge only to fall short by 23 seconds. I decided that I needed to work on my technique and not so much my fitness or strength endurance in my legs.

A pristine copy of Chi Running had been slipped my way and I had decided to try it out, to see if it would help with my training for the Hogweed Hilly Half Marathon in March 2010, plus improve my time for the 4 minute mile attempt. I've been reading through the book systematically. Absorbing the information, then trying it out. So far so good. I'm injury free (from running at least!) and distances seem a lot more easily covered.

There is a lot of information on the internet about the validity of Chi running from a scientific evidence based point of view. Often Chi Running is compared to, or perceived as a poor version of Ramanov's Pose running. This is a valid comment, as Chi Running has not been subjected to as many 'lab' tests as has pose running. However, I will be using myself as a testing ground over the coming months, giving disinhibited feedback.


I don't necessarily agree with everything that is written in the book so far, but I'm putting my preconceptions to the side and will let the results speak for themselves. In the mean time watch the clip below to find out more about Chi Running.

No comments: